Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
General LongDrivers Forum / Re: Anyone want to Blog About their Longdrive experiences?
« Last post by beasty on February 20, 2018, 07:29:29 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
General LongDrivers Forum / Anyone want to Blog About their Longdrive experiences?
« Last post by beasty on February 19, 2018, 08:53:16 PM »
Looking for a couple of people who might wish to blog about their experiences at LD events
You will see a link in my signature, if you go to Bloggers Wanted post
thanks

https://golfcodeweekly.com/bloggers-wanted/
General LongDrivers Forum / Re: Qualifying for what used to be named (WORLDS)
« Last post by Orion on February 16, 2018, 01:28:46 PM »
The cost is the same between non-tv and tv events, $750.

I know more and more guys are getting sponsorship but I'm not sure how many are being paid cash and not just apparel, clubs etc. 

Click on the links below and you cans see what they are for both types of events.

http://www.worldlongdrive.com/2018-schedule/east-coast-classic-tour/

http://www.worldlongdrive.com/2018-schedule/clash-canyon-tour-event/

I don't know details of others contracts and I'm not going discuss my contracts but I will say that I am very pleased with the companies that I am working with and hope to be with them for years to come.

I'm sure with added events players that aren't cashing checks regularly will feel the pain but that's true with anything.  I think you'll continue to see an influx on new blood just like every year and in addition to that there are some really talented guys out there that most of the veteran long drivers aren't aware of.  We still see the same issue of guys anointing themselves, especially on social media, before proving themselves so some things never change.

I know a lot of folks on incpeta are down on long drive these days but I think it's made some great strides recently and will continue to see them in the coming years.  Hopefully it's something that can be sustained for a long time but only time will tell.  It's obviously not the same as it was but I think it's pretty darn good, not perfect but it's definitely going in the right direction from three or four years ago when it was in collapse.

So how much is entry into a Golf Channel ld tourney? Difference between price of televised and non televised events?

Do you all have sponsors? Not everyone will be able to keep the $$$ rolling if they don’t win or get top 4. What are the payouts to these events? And will Maurice whoop all you lders on the course? Since he is so good and all!

So how many years will they be able to continually get hitters to fork out? If they can’t make any money? Will there be less and less hitting every year? Til there all only a few hitting for their own money?

Does callaway pay their hitters travel or entry fees? Does Krank pay their hitters entry fees? Or travel?

I guess new blood may step up to the plate. It’s cool and all for some who are new to the sport and the select few hitting. I on the other hand have other things I would rather watch. The same ole same ole does not peak much interest for most. Only reason I even pay attention these days is to see if Maurice beat all of you hitters w his 3.9 40 sec time his pro baseball playin pro football catchin Olympic trialin alligator tailin plane trippin Rolex stealin fake ring wearin scratch golfin sun of a B!

You better not let him beat you! It will all fall down! W him at the helm! Sorry but it’s inevitable. Mark my words!

Good luck Ryan. I hope you hit it well!
General LongDrivers Forum / Re: Who plays of Scratch or Better? Maurice Allen and .....
« Last post by SMT on February 15, 2018, 10:11:31 AM »
Me too.... If it wasn't for that windmill hole that smacked my ball into the water  ;D
« Last post by highteeld on February 15, 2018, 07:48:43 AM »
Well Animal I'm glad I saw this question while visiting incepta today. 

The fact of the matter is grassroots qualifying still exists around the world; however, tour events are different than qualifying for the world championship.  You need to realize that there is a tour now and not just qualifying like there had been for several years previous to now.  After Golf Channel took the reins there was a bit of a reset and there were fewer qualifiers around the world but the WLDA is working with folks to expand the number of qualifiers in various countries.  From my understanding you can still acquire exemptions and then hold your own qualifying event for a country or region similar to how it was done previously under the LDA. One thing to note is that the last chance qualifier is likely going to be eliminated to expand these qualifiers throughout the world so you can still call it a world championship if you like.

Although you have to earn points to improve your ranking in order to compete in a tour event and it was not very easy to earn additional points previously there are some additional ways this year where players can earn points and qualify to get into non-televised tour events without being inside the top 50 in the rankings.  There is something similar to a Monday qualifier the day before where players can participate in a play in event for 4 spots in the tour event the next day.

Fun fact: you don't have to earn any points to qualify for worlds, you just have to qualify through locals and regionals (just like the old days) which are now called preliminary and final qualifying.  This is all regarding the open division obviously, masters and ladies divisions are open registration.

Also a fun fact: There will 6 nights of live long drive action this year on Golf Channel which is awesome in my opinion.

Have a great day fellas.

Ryan Reisbeck

This part is good news to me. They have been making the LCQ much too easy to advance through for the past couple years. Giving more spots to the regionals is a step in the right direction.
« Last post by A-ROB on February 14, 2018, 10:24:37 PM »
So how much is entry into a Golf Channel ld tourney? Difference between price of televised and non televised events?

Do you all have sponsors? Not everyone will be able to keep the $$$ rolling if they don’t win or get top 4. What are the payouts to these events? And will Maurice whoop all you lders on the course? Since he is so good and all!

So how many years will they be able to continually get hitters to fork out? If they can’t make any money? Will there be less and less hitting every year? Til there all only a few hitting for their own money?

Does callaway pay their hitters travel or entry fees? Does Krank pay their hitters entry fees? Or travel?

I guess new blood may step up to the plate. It’s cool and all for some who are new to the sport and the select few hitting. I on the other hand have other things I would rather watch. The same ole same ole does not peak much interest for most. Only reason I even pay attention these days is to see if Maurice beat all of you hitters w his 3.9 40 sec time his pro baseball playin pro football catchin Olympic trialin alligator tailin plane trippin Rolex stealin fake ring wearin scratch golfin sun of a B!

You better not let him beat you! It will all fall down! W him at the helm! Sorry but it’s inevitable. Mark my words!

Good luck Ryan. I hope you hit it well! 
General LongDrivers Forum / Re: Who plays of Scratch or Better? Maurice Allen and .....
« Last post by A-ROB on February 14, 2018, 10:15:15 PM »
Oh yeah beasty, that’s right. Stevie wonder is almost a scratch golfer!
« Last post by Orion on February 14, 2018, 06:54:57 PM »
Well Animal I'm glad I saw this question while visiting incepta today. 

The fact of the matter is grassroots qualifying still exists around the world; however, tour events are different than qualifying for the world championship.  You need to realize that there is a tour now and not just qualifying like there had been for several years previous to now.  After Golf Channel took the reins there was a bit of a reset and there were fewer qualifiers around the world but the WLDA is working with folks to expand the number of qualifiers in various countries.  From my understanding you can still acquire exemptions and then hold your own qualifying event for a country or region similar to how it was done previously under the LDA.  One thing to note is that the last chance qualifier is likely going to be eliminated to expand these qualifiers throughout the world so you can still call it a world championship if you like.

Although you have to earn points to improve your ranking in order to compete in a tour event and it was not very easy to earn additional points previously there are some additional ways this year where players can earn points and qualify to get into non-televised tour events without being inside the top 50 in the rankings.  There is something similar to a Monday qualifier the day before where players can participate in a play in event for 4 spots in the tour event the next day.

Fun fact: you don't have to earn any points to qualify for worlds, you just have to qualify through locals and regionals (just like the old days) which are now called preliminary and final qualifying.  This is all regarding the open division obviously, masters and ladies divisions are open registration.

Also a fun fact: There will 6 nights of live long drive action this year on Golf Channel which is awesome in my opinion.

Have a great day fellas.

Ryan Reisbeck

« Last post by beasty on February 14, 2018, 04:12:43 PM »

So I could see Maurice and this other guy being effected by the pressure but 215 is pretty bad no matter how you slice it. Ha

"Pretty bad"?

That's like saying.... Bigfoot is "pretty" camera shy.

215 would be pretty bad for Stevie Wonder
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10