Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
General LongDrivers Forum / Re: Hardest hitter ever?
« Last post by rbrbuilt on December 13, 2017, 01:14:10 PM »
Paul McKay hit it harder than anyone I have seen over the decades but he never knew where it was going!

Rodgers
« Last post by SCUDMAN on December 13, 2017, 08:13:59 AM »
9,000 competitors, Mike Gorton the winner! There You go Mike, a shout out from Steve D.
« Last post by TheDoctor on December 13, 2017, 07:52:30 AM »
That Lathan clip was pretty cool. 
« Last post by Bassgolf on December 12, 2017, 07:11:44 PM »
No question John Lathan
Watch 1987 long drive championship.
I have a feeling that’s who animal was talking about
« Last post by jfk on December 12, 2017, 04:51:12 PM »
Hardest hitter ever..

Julian ‘the hawk’ Jackson, not sure if he played golf mind you.

(Pound for pound)
« Last post by SMT on December 12, 2017, 03:35:27 PM »
Everyone compares Tiger to Jack in golf and its tough, but for LD it should be easier to answer this question

Who is the hardest hitter that ever picked up a club?

The answer is the exact same as the one to the question..... "Who is the prettiest girl at the family reunion"?

« Last post by TheDoctor on December 12, 2017, 03:24:11 PM »
I guess unless you dive into complete obscurity you would have to say James.  Winther in his prime perhaps.  These ball speeds of today were not around in the golden days of LD so not Zuback, Slupski, Pavlet, the Beast etc.  Joe when he was his absolute fastest maybe in there somewhere.  Burger was on another level the year he won, with a slapshot type swing.  I still haven't seen anybody with faster hands than Burger.

If you do dive into total obscurity I remember George Slupski claiming there was a black guy in work boots that showed up to a local way back when that was much faster than anything he had ever seen.  I have to take his word for it. 
General LongDrivers Forum / Hardest hitter ever?
« Last post by beasty on December 12, 2017, 02:10:30 PM »
Everyone compares Tiger to Jack in golf and its tough, but for LD it should be easier to answer this question

Who is the hardest hitter that ever picked up a club?

General LongDrivers Forum / Re: The Champion within on NBC just got it wrong
« Last post by TheDoctor on December 12, 2017, 11:23:44 AM »
A long time ago in an AJGA event in the Chicagoland area I had a second shot into a par 5 with a 6 iron from about 235(way down hill).  I dead pull it and it proceeds to bounce off the cart path no less than 6 or 7 times.  It proceeds to roll into the maintenance shed at least 200 yards past the green.  Conservatively I hit a 425 yard 6-iron.

I bring this up because the Mike Austin legendary drive bounced down a cement water drainage canal down the left side of the hole he was playing.  Obviously nobody ever hits it 500+ without a story behind it.  The real story at the moment is the number 220.  That ball speed number is laughably high and there are more than a handful of guys that can do it.  You've got a guy right now that can go 225+ with a very good looking move.  I really never thought that was possible. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10