Author Topic: 2019 World Long Drive Championship  (Read 1011 times)

Offline The_Power

• phpBB Frequent Poster
2019 World Long Drive Championship
« on: August 31, 2019, 02:34:23 AM »
It's started but still tumble weeds on here  :P
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 02:37:04 AM by The_Power »
I'm an Aaaannniiiimmmaaaallll!

Offline toddo77

• phpBB Frequent Poster
  • LDA/REMAX Local, District & World's & ILDC's (4x)
    • http://www.heroldsupply.com
Re: 2019 World Long Drive Championship
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 04:15:21 PM »
hi phil
 8)

TH

Offline Animal

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 09:15:55 PM »
     So Phil or Todd,
              Since u guys might be only ones reading this. I heard Masters division was invite only, then after they determined there was spots left you had to be one of the first 10-20 to call in. I believe it because there are 12 Japanese in the field, to my recollection no Japanese has ever been competitive (top eight) ?. Heard Zuback, Pavlet didn't get invite? What do u guys know?
George "Animal" Slupski

Offline beasty

• phpBB Frequent Poster
    • VIDEO GUIDE TO FUCKING
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 05:18:18 AM »
//XXX// this thread is flying
WIN A HOUSE IN ITALY  https://anyexpat.com/win-a-house-in-italy/ 1 hour from Best Golf Course in Italy (7000 tickets / 50 usd / all taxes paid)

Offline TheDoctor

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 07:29:17 AM »
congrats to Rob Tiettmeyer.  I've hit plenty of times with that guy back in the day and he is an incredibly nice gu, and obviously a great competitor.  I actually like him into the final four and then you really never know.

Offline toddo77

• phpBB Frequent Poster
  • LDA/REMAX Local, District & World's & ILDC's (4x)
    • http://www.heroldsupply.com
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 09:13:35 AM »
George
    Im not sure ---they didn't call me either ----Id be more then shocked if you didn't get an invite as well--but not totally surprised either...  does seem like a very large # of Japanese in the field considering their past and history in the sport---never really had true contendors in the mix ---Open or Senior/Masters groupings-----But yes they certainly have the ability to BUY SPOTS with $$...
Ive had no contact , calls or discussions with anyone involved from GC since last winter/spring when our contact negotiations fell apart after running the COLD SHOOTOUT and Canadian Nationals for the eight years previous...

Hope your doing great personally as well fella---enjoy the rest of the show...

Congrats to CRITTER on his Masters win last evening too!   Great job doing what was required under the conditions...

regards Toddo

Offline NITROFORCE

• phpBB Frequent Poster
  • no substitute for high performance training
    • thenitroswing.com
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2019, 10:34:43 AM »
There is no "invite".  It's open registration.  As soon as registration opens online you better get your credit card ready for $1,000.  All the Masters events are this way except the AK-CHIN and ROC which are $500.  Women's Division might be the same unless there is some type of "points" system.  Still not sure how earning points gets a hitter any $$$ or advantage in events.  In the Open it seems to screw the part timer or the outsiders that don't spend a bunch of money to travel and not bank a check.
It's hard to justify spending $2k or more to hit 32 balls at the least.
Yes there were quite a few Japanese fellas hitting, so I guess they registered early as soon as registration opened.
I can't imagine flying half way around the world, staying for a week in Thackerville, to hit 4 sets of balls in 90+ degrees of humidity, knowing that 130CHS and 190 BS can't win even the Masters.  Must have money to burn and love watching LD.  I admire those guys for showing up and swinging.  Entry, airfare, accommodations, car rental, and food/beverage must be $5k for those guys and the European guys too.
So why would Zuback and Pavlet compete anyway?  Nothing to prove.  I'm sure they can still "bring it", but why do it?  It isn't the money, that's for sure.  I'm sure corporate outings are far more enjoyable and never lose money.  Why even risk getting an injury from training hard enough to compete with Gavin, Fernandez, Critter, Bauman, Smith, Blenkhorn, Cuirlini, Peppard, Mobley, and other no-names like me? 
Other news and rumors?  WLDC is no longer at Winstar for next year, and Volvik is done.  Just stuff I heard, don't know of any facts on that info.  And that leaves LD with another unforeseen future.

F. Campiterrible. (name change that came from my miserable performance in the first and only round)
Of course I use PEDs (performance enhancing devices).  Why else would the ball go so far?  100% legal, positive results every test, no prescription, USGA legal.  Common side effects; lower handicap, admiration of golf buddies, shorter short-game, gratification of a lost ball. thenitroforce.com

Offline Animal

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2019, 11:22:40 AM »
There is no "invite".  It's open registration.  As soon as registration opens online you better get your credit card ready for $1,000.  All the Masters events are this way except the AK-CHIN and ROC which are $500.  Women's Division might be the same unless there is some type of "points" system.  Still not sure how earning points gets a hitter any $$$ or advantage in events.  In the Open it seems to screw the part timer or the outsiders that don't spend a bunch of money to travel and not bank a check.
It's hard to justify spending $2k or more to hit 32 balls at the least.
Yes there were quite a few Japanese fellas hitting, so I guess they registered early as soon as registration opened.
I can't imagine flying half way around the world, staying for a week in Thackerville, to hit 4 sets of balls in 90+ degrees of humidity, knowing that 130CHS and 190 BS can't win even the Masters.  Must have money to burn and love watching LD.  I admire those guys for showing up and swinging.  Entry, airfare, accommodations, car rental, and food/beverage must be $5k for those guys and the European guys too.
So why would Zuback and Pavlet compete anyway?  Nothing to prove.  I'm sure they can still "bring it", but why do it?  It isn't the money, that's for sure.  I'm sure corporate outings are far more enjoyable and never lose money.  Why even risk getting an injury from training hard enough to compete with Gavin, Fernandez, Critter, Bauman, Smith, Blenkhorn, Cuirlini, Peppard, Mobley, and other no-names like me? 
Other news and rumors?  WLDC is no longer at Winstar for next year, and Volvik is done.  Just stuff I heard, don't know of any facts on that info.  And that leaves LD with another unforeseen future.

F. Campiterrible. (name change that came from my miserable performance in the first and only round)

Ok...Invite was what I was told. So if it's open registration and first 32 callers get in that's not a World Long Drive event, it's a mere social gathering
George "Animal" Slupski

Offline NITROFORCE

• phpBB Frequent Poster
  • no substitute for high performance training
    • thenitroswing.com
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2019, 12:22:41 PM »
That's correct George.  The Masters division is unfortunately that.  It's still legit with who comes anyway.  By the age of 45 you know if you got the goods to do it, so why go through the hassle of locals and regionals?  Or you are just trying it out thinking you could beat prior world champs, HOFers, and others that have been doing this for decades.  Kinda silly to limit the field to 36 when there could be another 30 or so crazies out there to put $1,000 in and increase the purse.  Heck, you might find that "Rocky" guy with a million to one shot and do it.  Great story it would be.

If you buy all 36 spots for $1,000 each, you are world champ.  So what does that say?  It's actually not a bad idea.  Since you win the $40K whole purse for 36K and make it on TV for sure.  I don't think there is a rule that says you couldn't do it.
1st: $20,000
2nd: $8,000
3rd – 4th: $3,000
5th – 8th: $1,500

One could say that there is a rule where one person can only enter once.  But if you had 35 friends that don't golf and you bought and paid their entry fee, and they showed up or didn't show, you would be crowned and paid.  Your friends should pay you back the winnings that got them there if they win 2nd through 8th.

And that is one party I would pay for.  Now, if I could just find 35 friends that suck at this more than I do.

Looking forward to 2020 season!  Going on Facebook right now to find some friends.  Or make some friends I guess.  Next step is to go down to Walmart and hype up a golf vacation for the employees!  I can find 35 friends there I'm sure.

Seems a lot easier to do this than train my @ss off for months out of the year to come up short and lose money.

Champitelli
Of course I use PEDs (performance enhancing devices).  Why else would the ball go so far?  100% legal, positive results every test, no prescription, USGA legal.  Common side effects; lower handicap, admiration of golf buddies, shorter short-game, gratification of a lost ball. thenitroforce.com

Offline beasty

• phpBB Frequent Poster
    • VIDEO GUIDE TO FUCKING
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2019, 05:50:59 PM »
My first thought was buy all the entries also..

Its a bit daft when you can ring up and say 36 entries please, myself and A.N. OTHER X35
See you there AND P.S. call me champ.. ahah
WIN A HOUSE IN ITALY  https://anyexpat.com/win-a-house-in-italy/ 1 hour from Best Golf Course in Italy (7000 tickets / 50 usd / all taxes paid)