Author Topic: Just a question  (Read 1139 times)

Offline cfoot03

• phpBB Frequent Poster
  • i had to get off the boat so i could walk on water
Just a question
« on: March 25, 2019, 01:49:52 AM »
I don’t post much on here for many reasons, but today I will just asking a few simple questions.
Do you guys love the sport of long drive?
What are you currently doing to grow or help the sport?
How many of you have actually competed in the last 3 years?

Most importantly

WHY ARE YOU ALL SO ANGRY?

The point is this:
The incepta site has become a place of bitterness and anger. I understand and respect that everyone has the right to an opinion (in theory) but why are they always so negative? Is there anything going in the sport that’s positive? If potential sponsors were to ever look on here they would see long drive as a seriously dysfunctional and negative sport. I don’t have all the answers but I know if we as competitors want  respect we must demand it and hold ourselves to a level of professionalism. In my personal opinion the last few years those steps have been made and hopefully the will become more strict and leave very little grey area.

I hope those of you that have anger towards the sport find peace and use that negative energy into a mission to do something positive for the sport. The sport of long drive a truly poetry in motion, composed of so many electronic emotions. We need the world to see and understand what makes doing this so hard. How the speed, precision, accuracy, intellect, critical thinking, determination and passion are all intertwined into a beautiful ballet of controled chaos called the long drive swing.

The truth this:
There are not many of us on the planet so let’s not tear each other down. Yes we will have many differences but let’s show respect to each other cause I believe we all want the same thing at heart “the grow of the sport into the powerhouse we believe it should be”.

Hope those hitting have a great season
To those not hitting we would love to have you back again

And to those that have won a world title player (all sex, all divisions) or manufacturer  SMT this includes you too
I will see you at the dinner of champions Saturday night August 31

If there are  grammatical errors here it happens

Offline SMT

• phpBB Frequent Poster
Re: Just a question
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 11:07:14 AM »
Since you asked me, by name, I will play along. Brace yourself.

I don’t post much on here for many reasons, but today I will just asking a few simple questions.
No.

Nothing at all.

How many of you have actually competed in the last 3 years?
Not me, even though YOU believe or believed that I should come out and compete. Also, a HELLUVA lot less than EVER before due to the idiotic changes made.

Most importantly

WHY ARE YOU ALL SO ANGRY?

Anger is an emotion. How you perceive an emotion is on you. Kind of like how many of us perceive idiocy. That is on us based upon factors presented to us in forms of text and video. Thank you for sharing your OPINION.

The point is this:
The incepta site has become a place of bitterness and anger.

Are you new to Incepta, the 20th or 21st Century or the internet in general? if so, welcome. ALL have been steeped in bitterness since discussion forums and anonymity have been guaranteed. Sorry sweety. (see? that was nice)

I understand and respect that everyone has the right to an opinion (in theory)
Clearly you don't! So now someone might come up here and point out that you are lying. Then you will be upset and sad for humanity, the internet & Incepta as you don't understand what constitutes an OPINION.

but why are they always so negative?

What is there to be positive about?

Less people able to compete.
A truckload of people once again got screwed out of payouts.
The Golf Channel took longer to pull the rip cord on their "partnership" with the offending group than they should have. (sorry, another opinion)
The sport hasn't grown since 2001.....

Is there anything going in the sport that’s positive?

Nope.

If potential sponsors were to ever look on here they would see long drive as a seriously dysfunctional and negative sport.
So, they would see the same DISCUSSION that they have seen from the competitors since I have been in it for the past 17 years??? Oh, I see what you are saying.
Of course, as BUSINESSMEN, they "need" you guys and Incepta to explain BUSINESS to them as to why they don't throw hundreds of millions of dollars at this thing.... Yeah, that sounds like the argument from yet ANOTHER competitor who has NEVER run a damn business, paid multiple employees, godless amounts of taxes, benefits, overhead..... once again, the same stupid comments coming from the point of view of a guy who believes that hitting a ball far is a VALUE to anyone on the planet. Fantastic.

I don’t have all the answers but I know if we as competitors want  respect we must demand it and hold ourselves to a level of professionalism. In my personal opinion the last few years those steps have been made and hopefully the will become more strict and leave very little grey area.

Or scream and yell, do Ric Flair imitations..... Be one more of the select few that have literally outsmarted a Google Search... Jamaican Press... 215.... NOT MUCH GRAY AREA there, and again, thank you for sharing your OPINION on "respect & professionalism". Those are, of course, mine.

I hope those of you that have anger towards the sport find peace and use that negative energy into a mission to do something positive for the sport. The sport of long drive a truly poetry in motion, composed of so many electronic emotions. We need the world to see and understand what makes doing this so hard. How the speed, precision, accuracy, intellect, critical thinking, determination and passion are all intertwined into a beautiful ballet of controled chaos called the long drive swing.

That was lovely. Give me a moment while I wipe away the tear from my eye.

The truth this:
There are not many of us on the planet so let’s not tear each other down. Yes we will have many differences but let’s show respect to each other cause I believe we all want the same thing at heart “the grow of the sport into the powerhouse we believe it should be”.

No, THIS is the damn truth. Most of these people believe that they are professional athletes and far more than often profess to be and introduce themselves as such. They would love nothing more than to quit whatever jobs they might have and do this if possible. But there is NO platform to do so, so everyday is Halloween for them. They dress up, go "door to door" telling stories of "look who I am", hoping to get money, clothes, equipment, balls, practice time (PGA Show, GoFundMe, charity golf outings, etc.). Thus the bitterness.

I wish you a great summer.

Offline The_Power

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 01:49:57 PM »
That was refreshing, welcome back Incepta  :D
I'm an Aaaannniiiimmmaaaallll!

Offline SMT

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 02:07:51 PM »
That was refreshing, welcome back Incepta  :D

HAHAHA, Hope all is well with you Phil.

Offline cfoot03

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 04:24:13 PM »
Guys like you are seriously the problem.

Offline SMT

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 04:31:24 PM »
Guys like you are seriously the problem.

Guess you didn't like the ONLY reply to your little questionnaire.

Maybe you should post it on your Facebook page where you will find the love and "thumbs up" you cherish and thrive off of. Of course those folks aren't qualified to answer your questions but your ego won't be bruised either.

Offline cfoot03

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 07:56:23 PM »
You are a lost and damaged soul (my opinion), I hope you find some sort of peace in life.
FYI
It didn’t matter if people commented or not on my post, I did my part by opening the door for the conversation to take place. For some reason you’re not able to have an adult convo that’s cool. As I stated in the beginning everyone has the right to voice their opinion, you gave yours.

In closing if that’s the attitude you will be bringing to the dinner of champions you won’t be invited. That event will be ALL about honoring the past and uplifting the future of the sport. There will be no negativity tolerated that evening at all! You are more than welcome to come because you have earned the right to be there but the attitude you consistently display on this site and others won’t be tolerated.

Offline The_Power

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2019, 08:50:29 PM »

I love it when it's done well, unfortunately a poor grid (like the one at Thackerville) or a poor format can turn this "sport" into a farce  :P

I'm lobbying to reinstate all the senior divisions and have the finals returned to Mesquite  8)

Offline cfoot03

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2019, 10:01:19 PM »
How did thackerville make the sport a farce?
Each year it’s been there the three best hitters of the week won the actual championship!!

As far as the other divisions go, I understand what your saying but where is the crowd draw? The seniors will take off once open hitters that have names fans know and love cycle out the open division and move to the masters division. The other divisions could go earlier in the week but the argument would be sponsorship, prize money, number of contestants and cost to run those divisions. I understand it’s a part of the history but long driver had to start over because it was in a bad bad bad place.

Offline The_Power

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2019, 10:46:20 PM »
Random roll can be an issue on a flat grid let alone a corrugated grid like the one at Thackerville  :o

Offline SMT

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2019, 04:24:56 PM »
You are a lost and damaged soul (my opinion), I hope you find some sort of peace in life.

Thank you for the blessing (of sorts) Reverend.

Actually, waking up every day, looking in the mirror and coming to the immediate realization that I am NOT you, offers me a peace that you will never once know.

FYI
It didn’t matter if people commented or not on my post, I did my part by opening the door for the conversation to take place.

Ummmm, so, asking a few questions in a post that might get a response IS asking for "conversation". Otherwise your post would have been structured more like a sermon. You are familiar with that style of typing as well as we have seen in your other social media platforms.

Again... MONOLOGUE vs DIALOGUE.

For some reason you’re not able to have an adult convo that’s cool. As I stated in the beginning everyone has the right to voice their opinion, you gave yours.

So.... Where does the inability to"have an adult convo" lie???
While everyone has thr right to voice their opinion... to YOUR questions. YOU didn't care for mine as your response to my answers and opinion was..... "Guys like you are seriously the problem."

In closing if that’s the attitude you will be bringing to the dinner of champions you won’t be invited.

Well, I don't know what dinner you are talking about, nor do I give a damn and I both can't figure out if I should pack my //XXX// to come to the thing or not and also if YOU are the one who makes the guest list for this auspicious occasion. I'll go back and read that sentence a few more times to see if I get it.

That event will be ALL about honoring the past and uplifting the future of the sport.
Oh, I see. Like you did over the years with Jason & Ben Witter at the PGA Show?

There will be no negativity tolerated that evening at all! You are more than welcome to come because you have earned the right to be there but the attitude you consistently display on this site and others won’t be tolerated.

Damn, I gotta get my new Skecher's shined.... I think Mr. Allen just licked the envelope and is mailing me... Lil' Ole Me, an invitation to the "hottest dinner in town". As long as I mind my P's and Q's, smile when spoken to, nod and lean forward in my seat. No slouching and chew with my mouth closed.

Can you mark me down for the beef instead of the fish?

Oh wait.... Is there also a red carpet? OH MY GOSH...... I'm shaking with anticipation.

I need a haircut, maybe a spray tan, rent a tux..... so many things to do......

I wanna' put my best foot forward for this bunch of dignitaries.

Any potential sponsors need to talk to someone who has been in it or around it for 17 years.... 888-693-4001 x 1

I'll pay for the call which will start you on your way to saving you even more money!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 05:40:33 PM by SMT »

Offline The_Power

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2019, 06:20:47 PM »
I think you need to define "growth", there are already more competitors wanting to compete than are being allowed to  :o