Author Topic: Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun  (Read 805 times)

Online The_Power

• phpBB Frequent Poster
Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun
« on: April 18, 2019, 07:04:24 PM »
Congratulations to Tim Burke and Phillis Meti on their wins at the AK-Chin  8)

Still luv watching this sport on TV :)

This particular event reminded me of something the great Bobby Wilson once told me ....

"The grid determines the winner."
I'm an Aaaannniiiimmmaaaallll!

Online The_Power

• phpBB Frequent Poster
Re: Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 07:49:12 PM »
Phillis Meti posted a 127mph swing speed number, that's the highest I have ever seen for a woman and 10+ mph faster than anybody else is swinging in that division  :o

Offline Animal

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 11:36:55 PM »
Phillis Meti posted a 127mph swing speed number, that's the highest I have ever seen for a woman and 10+ mph faster than anybody else is swinging in that division  :o

Best of all-time in my opinion, alot of Women benefited by her being away for 3-7 yrs, however long it was. To this day she was only 1 of 3 people I ever stopped hitting to watch her warm up
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 11:38:35 PM by Animal »
George "Animal" Slupski

Offline TheDoctor

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 02:34:22 PM »
All due respect to others in that division, but Phyllis could conceivably win without her driver.  She is far and away the number one competitor in that division.

Offline supajsn98

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 01:25:26 PM »
I don't know, Troy Mullins had the biggest ball in the opening round at 336 and only lost to Meti in the semis by 5 yards. I think Phillis is a clear #1 and the only one that is legit 400+ yard threat... but there are a few that could challenge her like Troy and Alexis Belton, or at least not allow it to be a walk in the park.

Side note: anyone watch early round video on social media vs the TV round broadcast on Golf Channel? Looks like everyone was hitting from the vary back part of the tee box early on. Before the TV rounds they added new turf to the front and seems that everyone was hitting towards the front??? I'm sure they changed the yardage markers in the grid too right?

Jason

Online The_Power

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 02:56:21 PM »
Interesting Jason and no way they changed anything in the grid.

Reminds me of Jack Hamm putting a 350yd marker at 300yds :P

Offline supajsn98

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 03:21:24 PM »
I did find a good picture that shows the difference, it was not as bad as I initially thought but it is roughly 10 yards. If I could figure out how to post a picture here I would lol...

Offline TheDoctor

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2019, 01:05:53 PM »
the yardages with absolute certaity do not change out on the grid.  honestly whatevs.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 07:26:27 AM by TheDoctor »

Offline bom

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2019, 07:45:22 PM »
I don't know, Troy Mullins had the biggest ball in the opening round at 336 and only lost to Meti in the semis by 5 yards. I think Phillis is a clear #1 and the only one that is legit 400+ yard threat... but there are a few that could challenge her like Troy and Alexis Belton, or at least not allow it to be a walk in the park.

Side note: anyone watch early round video on social media vs the TV round broadcast on Golf Channel? Looks like everyone was hitting from the vary back part of the tee box early on. Before the TV rounds they added new turf to the front and seems that everyone was hitting towards the front??? I'm sure they changed the yardage markers in the grid too right?

Jason
phyllis still had 4 balls left and the ball that beat troy was down the right(slow) side of the grid.

Offline TheDoctor

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2019, 12:57:46 PM »
175+ ball speeds all day with some over 180.  170 is the holy grail for all other competitors.  And with a seriously nice move at the ball.  hands down.....Phyllis is best.  She dominates the woman's side more than any man that has ever lived on the men's side.  It reminds me of a Big Earn Quote when asked who poses the biggest threat to him at the bowling Tournament.

Reporter - "So Big Earn, who poses the biggest threat to you this week"

Big Earn- "Me.......if I get drunk and fall down and hurt myself I might lose."