Author Topic: IGANZ China Event  (Read 2074 times)

rmeikle and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline aliengolfrep

• phpBB Frequent Poster
IGANZ China Event
« on: November 12, 2018, 05:51:37 PM »
Does anybody know how large the field is for the China event? That’s a pretty promising purse! What are the odds....

https://iganz.co.nz/events/global-infinity-series/

Offline beasty

• phpBB Frequent Poster
    • BA BA BOOEY
Re: IGANZ China Event
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 05:39:36 AM »
HOPE EVERYONE HITS IT WAY WONG

Offline toddo77

• phpBB Frequent Poster
  • LDA/REMAX Local, District & World's & ILDC's (4x)
    • http://www.heroldsupply.com
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 09:27:10 AM »
From what I'm seeing and being told as of YESTERDAY Nov 13 2018 they still had not secured Mission Hills as a site/facility and were still working on that...   
event is only a week away and you still don't know where the grid will be or whats needed for logistics to set up event... 
 SCARY if your one who's already booked flights, hotel , travel visa , rental car and made plans...   
 such unknowns should not be still in the air a week before event is set to be held...   
why cant anyone get these questions answered by someone from IGANZ or WLDA if they are still staying affiliated with this group...

Toddo

>> From: <bradr@iganz.com.au>
>> Date: November 13, 2018 at 6:16:29 AM EST
>> To:

>> Cc: "'Jason Atkins'" <longdriver@live.com.au>, "'Olna Ford - IGANZ'" <olna@iganz.co.nz>
>> Subject: Global Infinity Series
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> 
>>
>> Please find attached the hitting format for China.
>>
>> 
>>
>> As you are aware, the lead up to this historical event has been everything but smooth in recent weeks.  Despite what people may be hearing I ask that we let Olna continue to deal directly with the heads of Mission Hills.
>>
>> 
>>
>> One thing that has not changed is that the prize pool sticks no matter what.  It is late afternoon in China at present and Olna is pushing very hard to secure Mission Hills as the venue at an executive level despite the previous misfortunes.  We have English speaking people in Haikou that have secured a plan B venue if Mission Hills and Olna cannot comes to terms.
>>
>> 
>>
>> This has been a very testing couple of weeks and the blood, sweat and tears put in by the team and especially Olna has been nothing short of exhausting.  I understand there has been frustration amongst the playing group in regards to players information and we understand, however we have had to prioritise other important matters.
>>
>> 
>>
>> We thank you for your patience so far and we respectfully ask that at this time to fully focus on your training so everyone is rip ready for the tee box.  This event is very important to Iganz and will go ahead.
>>
>> 
>>
>> We will let you know the minute we find out in regards to the venue.
>>
>> 
>>
>> 
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> 
>>
>>    
>>
>> Brad Russell
>>
>> Australia
>>
>> IGANZ
>>
>> m:
>>    
>>
>> +61 457 516 573
>>
>> w:
>>    
>>
>> www.iganz.com.au
>>
>> 
>>
>> 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 09:30:09 AM by toddo77 »

Offline Animal

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 02:12:47 PM »
From what I'm seeing and being told as of YESTERDAY Nov 13 2018 they still had not secured Mission Hills as a site/facility and were still working on that...   
event is only a week away and you still don't know where the grid will be or whats needed for logistics to set up event... 
 SCARY if your one who's already booked flights, hotel , travel visa , rental car and made plans...   
 such unknowns should not be still in the air a week before event is set to be held...   
why cant anyone get these questions answered by someone from IGANZ or WLDA if they are still staying affiliated with this group...

Toddo

>> From: <bradr@iganz.com.au>
>> Date: November 13, 2018 at 6:16:29 AM EST
>> To:

>> Cc: "'Jason Atkins'" <longdriver@live.com.au>, "'Olna Ford - IGANZ'" <olna@iganz.co.nz>
>> Subject: Global Infinity Series
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> 
>>
>> Please find attached the hitting format for China.
>>
>> 
>>
>> As you are aware, the lead up to this historical event has been everything but smooth in recent weeks.  Despite what people may be hearing I ask that we let Olna continue to deal directly with the heads of Mission Hills.
>>
>> 
>>
>> One thing that has not changed is that the prize pool sticks no matter what.  It is late afternoon in China at present and Olna is pushing very hard to secure Mission Hills as the venue at an executive level despite the previous misfortunes.  We have English speaking people in Haikou that have secured a plan B venue if Mission Hills and Olna cannot comes to terms.
>>
>> 
>>
>> This has been a very testing couple of weeks and the blood, sweat and tears put in by the team and especially Olna has been nothing short of exhausting.  I understand there has been frustration amongst the playing group in regards to players information and we understand, however we have had to prioritise other important matters.
>>
>> 
>>
>> We thank you for your patience so far and we respectfully ask that at this time to fully focus on your training so everyone is rip ready for the tee box.  This event is very important to Iganz and will go ahead.
>>
>> 
>>
>> We will let you know the minute we find out in regards to the venue.
>>
>> 
>>
>> 
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> 
>>
>>    
>>
>> Brad Russell
>>
>> Australia
>>
>> IGANZ
>>
>> m:
>>    
>>
>> +61 457 516 573
>>
>> w:
>>    
>>
>> www.iganz.com.au
>>
>> 
>>
>>
           Unreal......So whoever is reading this and planned on going, what are your thoughts. ?
George "Animal" Slupski

Offline Animal

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 12:28:13 PM »
So let's see..........400k event? Not a word on here about anybody going or knowing anything about it. As big as  Worlds. Lders here compete for 10k and the field is full. But where they are giving away 150k for first, nobody knows anything. 5 days away and the venue isnt locked up yet. Steenberg, Mo. You guys go to everything whats the deal here?
George "Animal" Slupski

Offline toddo77

• phpBB Frequent Poster
  • LDA/REMAX Local, District & World's & ILDC's (4x)
    • http://www.heroldsupply.com
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 12:35:10 PM »
Bueller, Bueller, Bueller...

nope just crickets---unreal how the new crew (breed) are so afraid to speak up and BE REAL...  they just keep taking and don't worry about whats being taken from them along the way...   

how could anyone who's got genuine and actual interest in the sport and their own chances to compete be willing to just accept , but have nothing of substance to go on...

First the momentum was diminished with GCs new way and thinking and loss of premier long standing events...
their points system and difficulty for new blood to enter the fray and mix of events by not being point worthy at the start...
European Long Drive group folding now recently...

its unreal...

Toddo 

Offline jfk

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 02:28:54 PM »
Guys should start posting numbers like the old days, let the golf channel and everyone else know there’s big bombers out there who ain’t ‘in the show’

It worked somewhat for the current world champion.

Just a thought...
'Never dream of dying'  my bond song. https://youtu.be/5y0Q8ZZWTVA

Offline The_Power

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 03:19:01 AM »
Wow a $400K purse for an event nobody really knows about ..... maybe there is some life left in this sport after all  :o
I'm an Aaaannniiiimmmaaaallll!

Offline supajsn98

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 08:33:54 AM »
Same for the ILDC in Mexico last week. Last year I guess there were 20 teams, this year only 8 due to most of the pros going to China for IGANZ yet I still have no idea how you even get involved in the Mexico team event. I have seen a lot of posts on FB and IG of guys getting ready for or traveling to China for this event and to be honest I haven't heard of half of them.

It's frustrating trying to compete, I know that I will never be able to earn enough points to move up in ranks so I am stuck going to one or two events a year to try and qualify for worlds.

Jason

Offline The_Power

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2018, 05:18:36 PM »
I feel for you Jason, this sport is now the polar opposite of the grass roots event it started out as  :P
I'm an Aaaannniiiimmmaaaallll!

Offline Animal

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2018, 03:33:17 PM »
Same for the ILDC in Mexico last week. Last year I guess there were 20 teams, this year only 8 due to most of the pros going to China for IGANZ yet I still have no idea how you even get involved in the Mexico team event. I have seen a lot of posts on FB and IG of guys getting ready for or traveling to China for this event and to be honest I haven't heard of half of them.

It's frustrating trying to compete, I know that I will never be able to earn enough points to move up in ranks so I am stuck going to one or two events a year to try and qualify for worlds.

Jason

And right here is the biggest problem with this sport. This guy can't go to events because he was not 1 of the chosen few
George "Animal" Slupski

Offline Animal

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2018, 03:35:01 PM »
I feel for you Jason, this sport is now the polar opposite of the grass roots event it started out as  :P

Phil, didn't see your comment to Jason. You are correct
George "Animal" Slupski

Offline supajsn98

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2018, 09:02:01 AM »
I think there have been a lot of positive changes recently, but it is still very much a "who you know" sport and everyone outside the top ~50ish hitters are all in the same boat. Just have to learn to make a name for yourself and self-promote when possible. Will make it that much sweeter when I make worlds this year haha.

Animal, I hear I am right around the corner from you and frequent your old stomping grounds at John Price Park. I think we may have had a conversation at JPP years and years ago.

Jason

Offline Animal

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2018, 03:28:28 PM »
I will be at John Prince next week.
George "Animal" Slupski

Offline Bama.drew

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2018, 10:47:25 PM »
I as well would love to go to events
I wouldn’t  waste my money if I didn’t think I could win
But you gotta have points
You can be lucky enough to snag a play in event spot
If you have a fast internet connection
For a few events

Offline supajsn98

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2018, 09:05:39 AM »
IGANZ event was over before you knew it started...
Congrats to Sandra Carlborg and Jeff Gavin (Masters) on taking home the W's. I hope they post the set #'s. Haven't seen much of anything on the open yet.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 09:43:23 AM by supajsn98 »

Offline beasty

• phpBB Frequent Poster
    • BA BA BOOEY
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2018, 06:11:22 AM »
IGANZ event was over before you knew it started...
Congrats to Sandra Carlborg and Jeff Gavin (Masters) on taking home the W's. I hope they post the set #'s. Haven't seen much of anything on the open yet.

So there was a 400 grand event and tumbleweed?

Offline Animal

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2018, 06:25:29 AM »
?
George "Animal" Slupski

Offline supajsn98

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2018, 09:57:46 AM »
Open Division Gavin took 2nd (after winning Masters) and Wes Patterson took 1st.
Nice list of top 10 balls but no details on bracket and sets yet. I appreciate the fact that they list driver... this was off a Krank IG post.

408 - Shook - Krank ($10k for longest ball)
402 - Gavin - Krank
402 - Chris Andrews - Krank
401 - Patterson - Callaway
399 - Martin Borgmeier  - Krank and Joe Miller - Callaway
397 - Tait - Krank, Patterson - Callaway and Fast Eddie - Callaway
396 Gavin - Krank

Offline Animal

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2018, 03:20:58 PM »
Wes Patterson and I are working at the same golf club in Florida next week. Nice win for Wes
George "Animal" Slupski