Author Topic: World Long Drive SCORING  (Read 521 times)

Offline doctor2260

• phpBB Frequent Poster
World Long Drive SCORING
« on: September 01, 2018, 10:24:30 AM »
copy of my email:  As a fan, your scoring system sucks!  Here's two examples:  Grismon didn't hit the grid yesterday along with another competitor, they each got 37.5 points for NOT HITTING THE GRID!  Because of this fallacy, Grismon advances, Winther did not!  Today, right now, Sizemore did the same thing, missed the grid with someone and was awarded 37.5!  He's missed the grid in two rounds, YET he leads Shook who has hit hit each round!  This SUCKS!

Dennis "Just an Old Fat Man" Duncan

Offline The_Power

• phpBB Frequent Poster
Re: World Long Drive SCORING
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 02:07:06 AM »
Deaf ears Dennis, Allen made that very point on here in a topic he started only a few weeks ago.

You only needed to watch Emily Tubert's win in Tennessee to understand how random this sport is, that's one of the reasons we have argued long and hard on here that you should never take less than 50% from any 1 round.

Those of you who remember the brutal 2 from 8 round at the RE/MAX Worlds will know exactly what I'm talking about  :P

If Golf Channel would have followed this advice and taken 8 from 16 instead of only 6, then the current World Champion and 3 former World Champions would still be in the competition ::)

I'm an Aaaannniiiimmmaaaallll!

Online toddo77

• phpBB Frequent Poster
  • LDA/REMAX Local, District & World's & ILDC's (4x)
    • http://www.heroldsupply.com
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 11:40:56 AM »
It’s ludicris that’s even still being discussed and the GC haven’t been able to figure out that OB should = 0 and nothing more!!!  Anything else is a participation ribbon—oh you missed the grid but we’ll still give you points for being on the tee today???

Toddo

Offline beasty

• phpBB Frequent Poster
    • BA BA BOOEY
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 04:07:57 AM »
Sorry how do you eliminate someone else by not hitting the grid yourself?

Not seen it, but that logic needs an explanation?