Author Topic: Open/Masters/Womens Event During WLDA Qualifiers at Air Force Academy  (Read 889 times)

Offline Detron21

• phpBB Frequent Poster
Open, Masters and Womens Competitors,

I will be hosting 3 independent events for Open, Masters, and Womens Division at the WLDA Qualifiers at the Air Force Academy July 19/20

The events will take place after the qualifying events. The Format is as follows.

16 entries per division. We will do the points format and the Top 8 competitors will advance to the quarterfinals.

In the Quarter Finals we will have have two rounds of 4 hitters. The top two hitters from each round will qualify for the semi - finals

Semi - Finals will consist of 4 hitters with the top 2 advancing to the Finals

Finals will be a shootout with 8 balls to determine the winner.

Entry is First come first serve and is open to all competitors. Competitors are not confirmed until full payment is made.

Open Entry $700

Womens/Masters Entry - $700

Send Checks to

Mile High Power Golf Events
8484 Oak Way
Arvada CO 80005

Venmo Payments - @Derek-Hines-2

Contact Derek Hines for Details
303-523-6552
DerekHines21@msn.com

Venmo
@Derek-Hines-2

Confirmed Entries

Open Division
Josh Cassaday
Richie Moore
Wes Patterson
Brad Skupaka
Ryan Gearhart

Masters Division

Vince Ciurluini

« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 08:54:05 AM by Detron21 »

Offline beasty

• phpBB Frequent Poster
    • BA BA BOOEY
Can i ask why is longdrive SOOO expensive to enter?

I mean 900 dollars to enter or return flights from New York to London for 2

What are the prizes?
It just seems bizarrely disproportional to me for hitting a few balls in a field to win each other money?
Why so much?

Just curious

Offline rmeikle

• phpBB Frequent Poster
You do know Derek doesn’t HAVE to spend countless hours setting up a dope ass grid for long drivers to hit and compete at right?

I hope he doesn’t spend 3 seconds of his life giving your bull//XXX// post the time of day.

You sound so classless and bitter bringing up the entry fee on a public forum to the guy running the event. Send him a private message if you need specific answers.

This guy is a Vet, been running high quality events for years and now you want to beef about entry fees? Hitters know what they are hitting for. If they don’t like it, they can follow the results on the sweet new World Longdrive App.

Your posts are garbage. Delete your account.

Offline beasty

• phpBB Frequent Poster
    • BA BA BOOEY
You do know Derek doesn’t HAVE to spend countless hours setting up a dope ass grid for long drivers to hit and compete at right?

I hope he doesn’t spend 3 seconds of his life giving your bull//XXX// post the time of day.

You sound so classless and bitter bringing up the entry fee on a public forum to the guy running the event. Send him a private message if you need specific answers.

This guy is a Vet, been running high quality events for years and now you want to beef about entry fees? Hitters know what they are hitting for. If they don’t like it, they can follow the results on the sweet new World Longdrive App.

Your posts are garbage. Delete your account.

I asked a simple question
Forums are for public debate, it is where the name comes from.
What your post is about, no clue.
I am neither classless nor am I bitter, I am asking a simple question that many who happen upon this post will wonder too.
Being a Vet has no bearing on the answer

Offline Animal

• phpBB Frequent Poster
      Beasty question sounded legit to me
George "Animal" Slupski

Offline rmeikle

• phpBB Frequent Poster
Negative, you did not ask a "simple question", you asked a rhetorical question not meant for actual answers, but instead to create another negative discussion regarding Longdrive, its cost, its participants and its management.

If you wanted to hit in a LDA event 15 years ago, you would be paying a $750 entry fee. But you're sitting here complaining about $900???

You complaining about this, that or the other thing isn't really my beef, your hundreds garbage public forum entries has shown anyone who looks what kind of guy you are. The problem here is that you decided to use this forum to directly call out Derek about the cost of his event.

Why didn't you ask him how he was able to land an event at the flippin Air Force Academy instead? Why don't you ask him how the conditions are going to be and how wide the grid is going to be? Let me answer that for you. 1 - you wont be there 2 - that's not what kind of guy you are.

Derek posted his number, why don't you just call or text or email or send a pigeon to ask him your simple question? Because guys like you take opportunities to make other people look bad in public. You probably do it on a regular basis.

Maybe other guys like you will be "wondering the same". None of those guys will be out there hitting.

Offline Animal

• phpBB Frequent Poster
Negative, you did not ask a "simple question", you asked a rhetorical question not meant for actual answers, but instead to create another negative discussion regarding Longdrive, its cost, its participants and its management.

If you wanted to hit in a LDA event 15 years ago, you would be paying a $750 entry fee. But you're sitting here complaining about $900???

You complaining about this, that or the other thing isn't really my beef, your hundreds garbage public forum entries has shown anyone who looks what kind of guy you are. The problem here is that you decided to use this forum to directly call out Derek about the cost of his event.

Why didn't you ask him how he was able to land an event at the flippin Air Force Academy instead? Why don't you ask him how the conditions are going to be and how wide the grid is going to be? Let me answer that for you. 1 - you wont be there 2 - that's not what kind of guy you are.

Derek posted his number, why don't you just call or text or email or send a pigeon to ask him your simple question? Because guys like you take opportunities to make other people look bad in public. You probably do it on a regular basis.

Maybe other guys like you will be "wondering the same". None of those guys will be out there hitting.
    I will let you and Beasty fight it out, but I feel your last comment about "guys like you not out there hitting is directed at me. WHEN YOU competed in 100 Indy events and made 28 national/World finals you CAN ask questions.
George "Animal" Slupski

Offline Animal

• phpBB Frequent Poster
           There is a fine line between collecting enough prize money and charging too much. I'm not saying it is too much. Participation will answer that. This sport has not changed in 40 yrs. The top of food chain will get the lions share of purse. The bottom feeders will hope for some scraps. Which 1 or 2 will make final 8. You can look at the field and "usually" pencil in top 4. At the end of the yr you will see in classifieds where 10 people are selling equipment getting out of sport. With no significant sponsor money or purse other than Worlds the vicious cycle will continue
George "Animal" Slupski