Author Topic: HOUSE OF FORGED at World's  (Read 1325 times)

Offline WHUP-n-SHAFT

• phpBB Frequent Poster
HOUSE OF FORGED at World's
« on: September 09, 2017, 04:45:30 PM »

... Just in case anyone is interested, here's our scorecard from the 2017 World Long Drive Championships...

OPEN DIVISION = Justin James got the win using HOUSE OF FORGED "Ninja" shafts, while Nick Kiefer tied for 3rd Place using our "The Force" shafts, and newcomer Wes Patterson tied for 5th Place using our "Code Blue" shafts.  In addition, Bobby Bradley competed in the Top 16 using a "Black Diamond" (Code Red specs) shaft, while Steve "the Predator" Monroe used the "Code Blue" shafts.

MASTERS DIVISION = Jeff "Critter" Crittenden got the win using an older model (but not as old as Jeff) "Prototype" shaft while Kevin Blenkhorn took 2nd Place with "Code Blue" shafts.  Mike Bauman tied for 5th Place using "Ninja" shafts.

MIXED DOUBLES = Jeff Flagg used "Code Blue" shafts to get with win with partner Sandra Carlborg, while Tommy Hug used "Platinum" shafts to get 2nd Place with his partner Alexis Belton.

Congratulations to everyone, and thanks to all the guys who use our shafts.

Robert Kent, VP
HOUSE OF FORGED

* If their are any mistakes, it is because I am old.

Offline toddo77

• phpBB Frequent Poster
  • LDA/REMAX Local, District & World's & ILDC's (4x)
    • http://www.heroldsupply.com
Re: HOUSE OF FORGED at World's
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 07:22:00 PM »
Great results for that crew of hitters and your products Rob-- well done  on another year for House Of Forged!!

Toddo

Offline The_Power

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 03:24:51 PM »
Well done Mr. 303, your products are quality 8)
I'm an Aaaannniiiimmmaaaallll!

Offline RipNit2

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 10:49:18 AM »
Rob, I'm reading that Matrix shafts are going under. If this is true, where does that leave HOF?

Thanks!

Offline WHUP-n-SHAFT

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 09:47:52 AM »
... I frankly don't know much more about this situation than what is being discussed on the other golf websites. MATRIX apparently lost some major accounts at a time when they were spending $$$$ to expand their operations and now they are caught in a serious cash-pinch, so the question is whether or not they can weather this storm and regroup. According to published reports from their Corporate President, MATRIX will re-open sometime next week following a bank inventory.  I assume that we'll all know more about their predicament pretty soon.

This is not good timing or a pleasant situation for HOF; however, I wouldn't don't count us out regardless of which way this wind blows, because we have survived through some fairly heavy storms in the past, and it is my experience that adversity can often create some very interesting and attractive opportunities.

Robert

Offline ice

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 02:42:45 PM »
My first long drive club i bought used had a whup-in-shaft in it. Best shaft i ever hit imo.

Offline TheDoctor

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 08:58:02 AM »
HOF shafts are solid no doubt.  I have to say though never the longest for me.  Truthfully, for me nothing ever came close to the accuflex ProLD xx (skinny) shaft.  That shaft is what made me competitive back in the day.  I gained an instant 15-20 yards from any other shaft I tried.  I know how dumb that sounds, but I swear by it.

Offline ice

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 07:28:36 PM »
I believe it, sometimes a shaft just works for you. I put a nv-65 shaft in one of my long drive heads and but extended it 2 inches. It is not accurate but when i catch one good it carries like crazy.

Online beasty

• phpBB Frequent Poster
    • TWITTER
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 01:43:31 PM »
My first long drive club i bought used had a whup-in-shaft in it. Best shaft i ever hit imo.

Mine too, with SMT DEEPBORE 455 looked so good in the sun you wanted to lick it