Author Topic: ROCKWELL BLAST  (Read 1742 times)

Offline The_Power

• phpBB Frequent Poster
ROCKWELL BLAST
« on: July 11, 2017, 01:54:14 AM »
Golf Channel just showed highlights of the Rockwell Blast and congratulations to Glenn Wilson on his first tour event win 8)

They also showed the World Rankings and current World Champion Joe Miller is now down to 9th ........ really  :o ::) :P
I'm an Aaaannniiiimmmaaaallll!

Offline Orion

• phpBB Frequent Poster
Re: ROCKWELL BLAST
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 02:51:36 AM »
Phil, what do you propose they do about it?  It's obviously not a perfect system and until it's financially worthwhile for those outside North America to go to the the tour events we're going to see some situations like this. I don't see how it's his fault or theirs really.  We just need more money in purses and I think that will come with the time.  I'm pretty sure he'll be in Denver and then again at worlds. Maybe he'll even make it to Catawba.
Tee it high then close the eyes!

Offline The_Power

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 03:40:46 AM »
Give out more points at the UNRESTRICTED World Championship and less points at these RESTRICTED Tour Events.

Getting ranking points for finishing last at a Tour Event when you don't get any points for finishing 17th at Worlds is ridiculous ::)

Offline TheDoctor

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 02:30:24 PM »
absolutely ridiculous.....but I suppose LD isn't really big enough where it even matters much yet.  when first at a tour stop is 100k, we will see a lot of changes.......doubt that happens though.

Offline The_Power

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 05:06:35 PM »
Glenn Wilson gets 800 World Ranking Points for his win, meanwhile the World Ranked #1, #3, #4, #7, #8, #9 were busy competing in the UK.

How many World Ranking Points does Emil Rosberg get for his win at the Long Drive World Series held on the same weekend in Berkshire, UK?

Offline SMT

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 05:14:20 PM »
Glenn Wilson gets 800 World Ranking Points for his win, meanwhile the World Ranked #1, #3, #4, #7, #8, #9 were busy competing in the UK.

How many World Ranking Points does Emil Rosberg get for his win at the Long Drive World Series held on the same weekend in Berkshire, UK?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkMgAzpcI8k

Offline The_Power

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 06:40:59 PM »
The points didn't used to matter but now you are not allowed to enter a Tour Event without them :o

Offline The_Power

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 04:00:19 PM »
So Emil Rosberg just beat 6 of the top 10 ranked longdrivers on the planet and he still can't get into a US Tour Event :o

Offline beasty

• phpBB Frequent Poster
    • BA BA BOOEY
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 04:45:55 PM »
Maybe he would have got points if he had beaten the TOP 4 in the world?
I mean, he only beat 3 out of the top 4, so why would he get points for that? :o ;D :o

Offline The_Power

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2017, 08:16:55 PM »
Lol beasty ..... already we can see that there is no way this new points system is going to produce true World Rankings :P

Offline Orion

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2017, 09:14:55 AM »
That's a great point Phil, I would like to see something like that as well. I'll pass that information on and see what can be done. Perhaps moving forward there can be some changes to how points are awarded for non-WLDA events. I'd like to see that too because it would give me additional points as well.

Offline TheDoctor

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2017, 03:27:23 PM »
whether or not you accept this title......you are the swing in swing out best LDer in the world Orion.  Just win the God Damn thing.  It's your year.  Lets hope for a wind that is favorable for a cut, and just WIN.  WHEN you win, it would be wise to be an advocate for a more grass root approach.  The short term feel goods of being a part of a very small group supporting a nitch sport will fade, and fast.  LD absolutely will not survive as a sport as exclusive as it is right now.

Offline Orion

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2017, 04:15:34 PM »
Thanks for the kind words.  I continue to work on my craft as the fields are getting stronger and stronger.  The hope is to create something that will allow for players to be able to do it full time.  We are a ways off from that but I don't think it's out of reach.  I know that in the past when I have spoken to GC about events outside the US they are looking for event hosts that are willing and able to host a quality event so the desire is there and now we just need to put it together.  I know that GC is already looking at the schedule for 2018 season.  A good example is the Bash for Cash event held in Canada last week.  Although it was made up of mostly US players there were several Canadians in the field.  It would be awesome to see 3 or 4 qualifying events in Europe next year.