Author Topic: 2016 season  (Read 2989 times)

Offline jasonplummer77

• phpBB Lurker / Newbie
2016 season
« on: November 24, 2015, 10:59:08 AM »
Does anybody know when the 2016 season and events will be posted. I'm new to the forum. Thank you.

Offline doctor2260

• phpBB Frequent Poster
Re: 2016 season
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 01:27:20 PM »
No one has an inside track with the golf channel or it's golf operations to answer?????  Will the LDA be running events?  Does the LDA keep its staff?  Will there be other divisions other than the open?  When & where will the World's be?  Will the golf channel be doing more "player profiles"? , etc., etc., etc.

Offline jasonplummer77

• phpBB Lurker / Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 03:51:26 PM »
I keep checking the calender option on this site but it says invalid year option. I didn't even pick a year. So I have no idea where to look for tourneys

Offline jeasterly1

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 04:30:00 PM »
Jason, there are a lot of us waiting on that very thing. Nothing has been released yet
Jeremy Easterly

Offline toddo77

• phpBB Frequent Poster
  • LDA/REMAX Local, District & World's & ILDC's (4x)
    • http://www.heroldsupply.com
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 04:58:34 PM »
Yes and as asked above -- if anyone's got an inside track or person who can be contacted at GolfChannel it would be nice to have the 2016 calendar and notable events posted for all ASAP and unlike how things went down  in 2015 with nothing major formalized and set until way too late in the year --which was the biggest downfall and thing that hurt LD all over the most ,  because of that situation &the  way that  it was eventually done .  Competitors , event hosts , sponsorship , venues need to plan , train, save and book time to do any events so timing is everything this year coming...  I know some have reached out to get info and it's still very vague and unsure who is in charge now at the GC making and concerning decisions , and what's happening now going forward from their standpoint!!

Wow it's Dec already and almost 2016-- all the best to everyone and their families and friends for the holidays and into the new year... 

Toddo
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 09:27:20 AM by toddo77 »

Offline jasonplummer77

• phpBB Lurker / Newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 11:47:11 PM »
Thank you for your replies I thought i was the only one kept in the dark about all this. I'll keep
Checking back. When was it released last year? Was it released late December or early January for the 2015 season?

Offline JDavies

• phpBB Frequent Poster
  • Jason Davies
    • Board of United International Long Drivers
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 09:55:39 AM »
The events roll in one at a time as the organizer of each event gets things set; usually over the course of the next 2-4 months.  Sounds like your looking for one announcement for the entire 2016 calendar; doesn't work that way.  This sport stays alive through the collective efforts of the group as a whole.

JD

Offline jasonplummer77

• phpBB Lurker / Newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 12:39:00 PM »
Thank you JD. Where will they be posted?

Offline JDavies

• phpBB Frequent Poster
  • Jason Davies
    • Board of United International Long Drivers
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 03:57:34 PM »
You're in the right spot.  May not be in this thread.  Ryan Reisbeck (Orion) has done a community service the last few years and started a thread.  I also try to summarize them on the BUILD site here https://buildlongdrive.com/calendar/#listing as they are posted.  Hope that helps a little.  I know everyone is eager for the announcements to start. 

Offline Orion

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 09:33:39 PM »
Hey guys I have been in talks with a rep from Golf Channel and they are working at putting a schedule together.  I believe some of the past event organizers are going to be a part of the schedule but from my understanding the earliest would be April but most likely May will be the start of the action.

Aside from Golf Channel I know that the East Coast Classic was a really nice event last year to open the year with it and it is currently slated for April 1 and 2 in 2016.  I would check it out.

Ryan Reisbeck

Tee it high then close the eyes!