Author Topic: 2015 Bluff City Shootout  (Read 3462 times)

Offline smackpappy

• phpBB Frequent Poster
2015 Bluff City Shootout
« on: December 09, 2014, 06:17:25 PM »
Gentelmen, I have secured dates for the 2015 Bluff City Shootout and I am as excited about this year as I was last year on the maiden voyage.  Last year was a great success as far as a charity event goes.  St. Jude Childrens research hospital and its cause is the true reason for this event.  Every dollar I can raise through this great event goes to the travel, housing, care, and treatment of innocent little children from all over the world to help fight the cancer they do not deserve.  Last year, after having one of the highest purses of any Indy event, we were able to send a check of $17,500 to St. Jude.  I cannot begin to describe the feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction I got from doing that.  That is why this year I want to make the event bigger and better.

Date of the event:  June 26-27, 2015

We will have the same venue for the event as last year with a few new changes.  This year we will have a brand new natural tee where we will be able to hit 4 at a time.  This will not only make the event run more efficient but we will be able to extend the field if need be and not run into a problem with time.  I am also updating the balls this year.  I will be updating everyone on what type of ball at a later date.

Some of the guys mentioned last year that this could be an event they would bring their family to due to the fact it is at a Putt-Putt golf and games Family Park.  They have games, lasertag, go-karts, bumper boats, batting cages, and three world class Putt-Putt courses.  This particular facility has hosted many world Putt-Putt championships.  Some of those were televised back in the 90's if you can remember.  Really a cool place to bring the whole family while we Smash Balls all day.

Keep checking back for updates on this event and all of the other events.  2015, I believe, is going to be a special year for Long Drive.

Offline Orion

• phpBB Frequent Poster
Re: 2015 Bluff City Shootout
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 11:37:40 AM »
I'm really looking forward to this event Spencer, absolutely a fantastic event and it should be on every serious long drive competitors must do list.

Ryan Reisbeck
Tee it high then close the eyes!

Offline TheBeast24

• phpBB Frequent Poster
  • LIVE LIFE 400 YARDS AT A TIME!
    • BRUTE Golf
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 12:26:32 AM »
Sounds like an awesome event, and it has Bubba's vote! I'm in!
Josh Crews
BRUTE Golf
Founder & President
Toll Free: 800-792-0289
Cell: 936-443-7043
Email: josh@mutantgolf.net

Offline Bullard

• phpBB Frequent Poster
    • http://kbpowergolf.com
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 12:29:56 AM »
It's on my calendar Spencer!!!
Kevin Bullard, Regional Vice President
Transamerica Employee Benefits
13 Virginia Circle SW
Rome, Georgia 30161
kevin.bullard@transamerica.com (w)
bullardkevin@aol.com (p)

Offline smackpappy

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 03:28:07 PM »
That's awesome Bull.  The site is almost done for the 2015 campaign.  Everything for this year is right around the corner.  I hope everyone is planning their calendars according to what they can attend.  I am pumped about the independent events this year.  Lets get it ON!!!!

Offline smackpappy

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 09:16:55 PM »
I am now opening pre-registration for the Bluff City Shootout. June 26-27, 2015.

I am happy to announce that our title sponsor, ATC fitness, is back on board for the second year. ATC fitness helps us have one of the largest purses outside of the World Championship. Please, also keep in mind that the Bluff City Shootout is a tournament where the points count. You do not want to miss out on this one.

During this pre-registration time, all competitors who were at the event last year have first chance at registration. 

Chris Hall
Brent Champion
Chris Deason
Brooks Baldwin
Troy Templeton
Maurice Allen
Trent Scruggs
Aaron Mansfield
Bobby Peterson
Tyler Parsons
Chris Bennetts
Troy Teal
Michael Knox
Dustin Merrill
Ben Tua'one
Ryan Winther
Richard Smith
Glenn Wilson jr.
William Hinson
Jeremy Easterly
Ryan Reisbeck
Kevin Shook
Landon Gentry
Matt Vilade
Richard Meikle
Mike Bauman
Tommy Hug
Tommy Bashear
Will Hogue
Justin Moose
2014 Champion Tim Burke

Will these names please get back with me before Friday APRIL 10. This is next Friday. This is only going to be open for you to commit for a limited time. MONEY IS NOT DUE NOW! Just commit. I have had many hitters that did not compete last year contact me to get in. If all of last years re-commit then I will extend the field to 48 and the purse will be really good at that point. Keep in mind before you commit the changes to the tournament this year.
• New Top Flight competition balls
• Hitting 4 on the tee this year
• Changing to a natural tee box

By hitting four at a time we won't have to be out in the Memphis heat all day like last year. I am also trying to put together a Saturday night get together for all of the competitors and their families. Thanks again for the support and I look forward to hearing from all of you.

You can reply here or email me at spencer@bluffcityshootout.com

Offline smackpappy

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 10:10:39 PM »
I am announcing an updated field. Our final competitor to register for the tournament is none other then our reigning world champion, Jeff Flagg. Also, note at the bottom that there is now a waiting list to get into the tournament. If you are interested, please get your name on that list. With this many guys in the field, chances are someone might not be able to make it, and you could get bumped in. I will announce shortly when the money is due for the tournament. I am also in the process of updating the website so you can check back to see if there's any new information. Most of the things that will change on the website will just be times and format since we added competitors this year. Again, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to text or email me or call me. Thank you guys.
----
------IN------
1.2014 Champion Tim Burke •
2.Spencer McDaniel
3.Chris Hall •
4.Brent Champion •
5.Chris Deason •
6.Brooks Baldwin •
7.Troy Templeton •
8.Maurice Allen
9.Trent Scruggs
10.Aaron Mansfield •