Author Topic: Decatur Heartland Classic Buy-in Tournament and Senior Money Tournament  (Read 11256 times)

Offline Terril

• phpBB Frequent Poster
Add Rick Tijerina and Thomas Proben to the GC event.

Offline blasian

• phpBB Frequent Poster
Add Bob Meilahn to the legend list

Offline Terril

• phpBB Frequent Poster
With the weather condition as it is, I will finish the tournament if needed on Sunday the 12th.  As of today we have 27 entries all competing in one to 3 divisions.  6 Legends, 12 GC, 8 SS, and 13 Seniors.  There are still more entries I’m not sure about just yet.

Format:  Legends 1st round.  2 sets of 6 balls, half the field advance.  2nd round ,2 sets for winner.  Longest ball of each 2 sets will advance.
This format will be the same for GC and SS.
Clock will be set for 2 min. and 45 seconds.

Senior Format:  Not sure yet.  Will be same as above or 3 sets, 2 sets and 1 set.   
Start time is below for all division.

Start Times June 11;
Legends 9am
GC 10am
SS 12:30
Seniors 3pm

Sam Turner, QSTI
Manager, Decatur Emission Measurement
Office of Compliance and Ethics
Phone: 217-451-8174
Cell: 217-519-3110

Offline Terril

• phpBB Frequent Poster
I will be taking off Thursday at noon and all day Friday to make sure everything is ready for Saturday.  If anyone else would like to enter just show up before your start time.  Legends will begin at 9am, GC at 10am, SS at 12:30pm and Seniors at 3pm.  The Chris and Sam show will start at 830am.

Entries so far:  6 legends, 12 GC, 8 SS and 14 Seniors.  I expect some of the GC's will entry the Seniors also.  If anyone needs any info after noon on Thursday call me at 217-519-3110

Good luck this weekend.

Sam

Offline shark

• phpBB Frequent Poster
Results???

Offline DLR388

• phpBB Frequent Poster
not sure who the legends, but Kim Shearburn won the grand champions, Kevin Wolfe won the SS (315), and Joe Amlong won the S (315), the weather was in the mid-70s, into a 10-15mph headwind and the the balls were plugging, due to 1.5 inches of rain the night the before. Sam Turner did a great job running the event, and thanks to the people who helped out. I believe there were about 30 competitors overall. If Sam decides to have another I will definitely be back. Very strong fields in all divisions. I believe everybody there had qualified at one time for the Worlds, and 3 world champions or former were there Steve Griffith, Doug Miller, and Tom Proben. Thanks again to Sam, he represents all that is good about longdrive.

Offline stroz

• phpBB Frequent Poster
Dixon Spears won the Legends I believe. But not sure on the distance. Sam great event as always and thanks for all the hard work you and Jo Ann put into running this event. Guys if you haven't been to one of sams events you need to make it. Great time and great people to just hang out with and some great competition for. Can't thank Red Tail staff and golf course enough for allowing us to take over the driving range. Guys this is where the regionals  are being held as well. They want longdrive there and so does sam. Sam has got about 100 rooms or so in the Decatur area for regionals held for at a reduced rate I believe until july 15th. I think sam will be posting more info on that soon. Thanks again sam had a great time as always.
STROZ

Glen Stroberg

Offline idrive400yards

• phpBB Frequent Poster
    • http://
Thanks Sam and Red Tail golf club for putting this on. It was an excellent event. Ran very professionally and efficiently.

Offline Terril

• phpBB Frequent Poster
Thanks to all who came and supported this event.

Thought I would post how the money is spent.  No one has complain just putting some info out there for those of you who might wander.

Total  entry fees were $4575
$3665 was given out as prize money.
$600 for the 4 guys that help run the event
$75 for radio and paint.

Total expenses $4340  Left over is $235.

Again my thanks to all, be looking for another tournament in September.

Sam Turner

Offline USPowergolfpres

• phpBB Frequent Poster
Sam,

Are you going to post all the results?

Dave Zajac Sr.

Offline cmccurdy

• phpBB Frequent Poster
Great job by Sam, Joanne and all the helpers (who do a great job at every one of Sam's events). For those within the area, come on out in the late summer/early fall for the next event...they are always fun, very competitive, and you might win a few bucks as well.