Author Topic: Decatur Heartland Classic Buy-in Tournament and Senior Money Tournament  (Read 11255 times)

Offline Terril

• phpBB Frequent Poster
The Heartland Classic in Decatur IL. is sponsoring the first  Buy-in Tournament for the Super Senior, Grand Champion, and Legend divisions.  First place will be the entry fee to the World Long Drive finals in Mesquite, Nv. October of 2011 for each division.  Each division will require 8 entries.  Possible purse prizes if there are more than 8 entries per division.

Senior division will start after Legend, GC and SS divisions are over (purse prize only).   

Seniors  ages 40 and up.
Super  Senior ages 50 and up
Grand Champions 55 and up
Legends 60 and up

When:
Saturday June 11, 2011
9 am start time for Legends, than Grand Champions, Super Seniors and Seniors.
LDA Format

520 West Grove Rd.
Decatur Illinois 62526
Buy-in Entry fee $140:  Entry fee must be in by May 28 so I can pay for the Buy-in from the LDA .
Senior entry fee: $85

If there is not enough interest in the Buy-in tournament I will make this tournament just a money tournament as usual.  ,

Send check or money order to; 

Sam Turner
6565 Majors Ln
Decatur IL. 62521
217-519-3110

Sam Turner, QSTI
Manager, Decatur Emission Measurement
Office of Compliance and Ethics
Phone: 217-451-8174
Cell: 217-519-3110
Fax: 217-451-4044
sam.turner@adm.com

Offline cmccurdy

• phpBB Frequent Poster
Sam, thanks for putting this together. It is a great idea, and I hope we can get at least 8 man fields for all the divisions. For anyone in the buy-in category, this is a great way to reduce your cost, and have a lot of fun as well. The Heartland series events are always fun and very competitive. Hope to see everyone in June in Decatur!

Offline griff

• phpBB Frequent Poster
    • http://golflongdriver.com
Hey Chris,  I really like the idea of having a competition to win a "buy in" spot for The World's. I think it will be very similar to the excitement level of a district championship. There were a few competitors last year who wished we were still doing locals and districts so they could earn their way to Mesquite. Well, here is your chance. Hope to see all of you in Decatur.
Steve Griffith

Offline griff

• phpBB Frequent Poster
This is to all competitors who are old enough to be at the "buy in" stage of their career. Sam is having an event in Decatur, Illinois just for us. His entry fee is only $140 and the winner of each division gets a certificate good for one "buy in" spot in Mesquite at the world's. Instead of paying the $800 buy in fee you get it for $140 by winning your age division.

He needs at least 8 competitors in each division to make this event work. Right now he just a little short in every division.

If you are a veteran competitor and are considering "buying in" to the world's this fall, here is a way to possibly save a lot of money. If you are veteran competitor who fondly remember competing in the highly competitive districts, here is your opportunity to get those juices flowing again. Or, if you are new to the sport and would like to compare your skill and distance to some of the best long drive veterans in the mid-west, Decatur is where you need to be May 11.
Hope to see you there,
Steve Griffith   

Offline griff

• phpBB Frequent Poster
CORRECTION..CORRECTION..
THE DECATUR EVENT IS JUNE 11
MY BAD! 
Steve Griffith

Offline Terril

• phpBB Frequent Poster
Here is an update on the entry list.

I'm waiting to here from Steve Woods, John Syrus, Bobby Furnatter, Greg Kite, Joe Amlong, Rick Tigerina, and George Moisoff.  To make this Buy-in tournament go I just need 7 entries per division( entry fee will stay the same ).  Two more in Legends, GC and 4 more in the SS.

Legends:

David Brinker
Steve Griffith
Doug Miller
Larry Naggy
Dixon Spear

GC;

Doug Miller
Brad Pearsail
Jim Hackert
Dixon Spear
Matt Schulten

SS

charlie Thomas
Chris McCurdy
Steve Moroney
Dixon Spear

Seniors

Glen Stroberg
Mike Brody
Sam Turner
Chris McCurdy
Charlie Thomas
Carl Taylor
Steve Nickerson

Offline idrive400yards

• phpBB Frequent Poster
    • http://
So the Senior fee is 85.00 and the other one for your open tourney is 300.00 correct? I should get it out by the end of the month. Finally getting caught up after the move.

Mike

Offline Terril

• phpBB Frequent Poster
That's correct Mike.

Sam

Offline Terril

• phpBB Frequent Poster
The GC buy-in division is set to go.  We added Steve Griffith for a total of six and waiting to hear from two more.

We also added Kevin Wolfe to the SS and Senior division.  That makes 5 entries for the SS division.

Sam

Offline Terril

• phpBB Frequent Poster
Just added Doug Huffman to the GC and SS division and maybe the Senior division.

Sam

Offline woodtown

• phpBB Frequent Poster
Re: Decatur Heartland Classic Buy-in Tournament and Senior Money Tournament
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 11:00:51 PM »
Sam,
My arm is healin' up just fine an' dandy! Put me down for the senior division under one condition: Bobby Wilson ain't allowed to hit! Oh well, I'm used to donating money, ain't nuthin' new!
Steve Woods

Offline Terril

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 02:27:58 PM »
Entry update:

Possible entries:  Bobby Wilson, Rick Tigerina, George Moisoff, Joe Amlong.  We now have 12 entries for the
Senior division and eight for the SS and GC.

Senior entries:

Glen Stroberg
Mike Brody
Chris McCurdy
Charlie Thomas
Carl Taylor
John Cyrus
Greg Kyte
Kevin Wolfe
Steve Nickerson
Doug Huffman
Kyle Sawyer
Steve Woods

SS entries:

Charlie Thomas
Chris McCurdy
Steve Moroney
Dixon Spear
Kevin Wolfe
Doug Huffman
Greg Kyte
Bobby Furnatter

GC entries:

Doug Miller
Brad Pearsail
Jim Hackert
Dixon Spear
Matt Schulten
Streve Griffith
Doug Huffman
Bobby Furnatter

Legends entries:

David Brinker
Steve Griffith
Doug Miller
Larry Naggy
Dixon Spear

Offline Terril

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 08:45:13 AM »
I will be blocking off rooms at the Decatur Conference Center hotel  # is 217-422-8800
4191 W US Hwy 36.  If you would like more info for rooms please send me an e-mail.

sam.turner@adm.com

Offline woodtown

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 07:06:12 PM »
Is Bobby trying for one of those buy-ins?

Offline Terril

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 08:19:45 AM »
I think Bobby is 55 so if he comes he might be trying for two.

Offline laroque

• phpBB Frequent Poster
i am from Manitoba Canada and was wondering about the seniors. i will be 44 in july and would like to try and earnn a spot for the Worlds, but isnt the worlds senior age start at 45. just wondering as i wouldnt mind travelling to try out..i went to the worlds last year and it was a great experience. let me know if i can come out or do i wait for a qualifier in canada...thanks

Offline Terril

• phpBB Frequent Poster
LDA Senior is 45 and you must be 45 by the time World finals start in Mesquite.  You can come to Decatur and compete in my Senior division from 40 and up.  I change the age for seniors to get more involved.

Sam

Offline Terril

• phpBB Frequent Poster
Add Steve Clement to the Legend division

Offline Terril

• phpBB Frequent Poster
Some of you have express that they would like to have the $800 dollars entry fee instead of having a buy-in to the worlds.  After thinking hard on this subject I decided not to give the $800 out in cash.  It will be a entry to Mesquite only.  If the first place winner cannot make it to worlds the buy-in will go to the second place winner.  If any of you have paid for more than one division and would like to withdraw I will refund your money.  If anyone has paid and was expecting a cash prize I will refund your money or you can enter the Senior event and I will refund the deference. 

Sam Turner

Offline stroz

• phpBB Frequent Poster
Laroque- Just want to make sure you understand that you have to try an quailfy at the locals. For sams senior event there is NO buy-in for the senior portion of this event for Worlds. You have to go to the regionals in August in Decatur and compete. There will be a local on that Friday prior to the regionals that weekend as well.
STROZ

Glen Stroberg