Author Topic: LDA HALL OF FAME  (Read 3616 times)

Offline rmeikle

• phpBB Frequent Poster
Re: LDA HALL OF FAME
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2019, 07:49:45 PM »
Errr. OK?

Seems like the most vague response of all time, but I guess you got your point across.

Can you mention on of these signs? Or is it secret.

Because since Worlds last year,  the golf channel has done nothing but expand everything. Including hiring a niche sport executive to ensure longer term growth than just having some guys put their 2 cents in.

Online Animal

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2019, 08:52:16 PM »
Errr. OK?

Seems like the most vague response of all time, but I guess you got your point across.

Because since Worlds last year,  the golf channel has done nothing but expand everything. Including hiring a niche sport executive to ensure longer term growth than just having some guys put their 2 cents in.

Lost about 5 events this year, what events there are you have to be ranked in top 50? 75? To get in correct me if I'm wrong, I don't follow LD much. Noticed your ranked 199. So you may never get in an event, ever. How is LD in its present state benefitting you since you think it's so big right now? That's a question,not to be taken as an argument. In my day you had enough for entry fee you competed. Guy like you can't hit in anything, correct me if I'm wrong
George "Animal" Slupski

Online Animal

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2019, 09:05:43 PM »
Errr. OK?

Lost about 5 events this year, what events there are you have to be ranked in top 50? 75? To get in correct me if I'm wrong, I don't follow LD much. Noticed your ranked 199. So you may never get in an event, ever. How is LD in its present state benefitting you since you think it's so big right now? That's a question,not to be taken as an argument. In my day you had enough for entry fee you competed. Guy like you can't hit in anything, correct me if I'm wrong

Anybody jump in and correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm going by what I hear, I could be way off base
George "Animal" Slupski

Offline Part Time

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2019, 09:16:21 PM »
Only one correction.
3 events have been removed not 5 from LD schedule
Columbia SC.
Denver Colorado
Memphis TN
I think last year they had 5 or 6 events to compete in.
This year 3 with one to be announced in July.
That's concerning .
Gary Ramirez

Online Animal

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2019, 09:31:14 PM »
Only one correction.
3 events have been removed not 5 from LD schedule
Columbia SC.
Denver Colorado
Memphis TN
I think last year they had 5 or 6 events to compete in.
This year 3 with one to be announced in July.
That's concerning .
Gary Ramirez

OK 3 not 5, last chance qualifier I heard also, that's 4...anyway my question is to all of you ranked outside the number they take to get in events. How are you benefiting in this current format?
George "Animal" Slupski

Offline rmeikle

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2019, 09:34:16 PM »
First, im ranked 76th, my alter ego, Dick, is ranked 199th. So lets call it 73rd with the combined points. 

I understand there are less total number of "tour" events, but there really isn't. Because there hasn't really been a tour in 10 years. The jumble of independent events you referred to is just that. Consolidating the competitions into fewer, higher paying, higher exposure, more dense competition not only makes business sense for the Golf Channel, but also makes more sense for hitters. Fewer travel expenses, less time away from day job. The loss of events was more than made up for by expanding the field, raising the total purse, AND paying out the top 16 hitters!

I think there should be a play-in event for sure, 16 for 2 or something like that, and i think that will come in the future.

Next point, in what other sport can you just buy into the highest level competition? Foosball for sure... I get that I "wouldn't be able to compete in anything". But maybe that's because i haven't produced the results needed to be there. I only have 1 year of points under my belt and im up at 73rd because of a top 20 finish at worlds last year. But i understand that that finish isnt good enough to exempt me from future tour event, so i gotta get back out there and qualify again and have another good showing at worlds. If that happens, im knocking on top 50. So it really takes 2 years of solid regionals and worlds finishes to be in the mix. if you havent done that, should you been in tour events? I say no. I dont want to see anyone on tour that hasnt been to worlds twice. Oh, and there were several hitters at Ak-Chin ranked lower than I.

Think of it this way: Worlds = US Open. The best will be there and anyone can qualify. Tour events = tour events. High stakes competition reserved for seasoned Longdrivers.

$40 is all it takes to get world ranking points. No other sport is as cheap and accessible as LD.

Everyone on this site seems so bitter that the old local and regional set up is no longer, amongst many other odd complaints, there was no way that was sustainable. The set up this year is a huge improvement from the last 5 years, the only people that seem upset are people who no longer compete.  Ill tell you that the 16 people who made money this week in longdrive arent complaining.

Less events are absolutely not a concern. Why would they be when the total purse for the events this year exceeds what the purses were last year for the combined events? And more people get paid per event.

People outside the top 50 should not benefit from this format. They should qualify for worlds, and do well. You cant have 10 worlds every summer. has to be exclusive.

Online Animal

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2019, 10:07:41 PM »
First, im ranked 76th, my alter ego, Dick, is ranked 199th. So lets call it 73rd with the combined points. 

I understand there are less total number of "tour" events, but there really isn't. Because there hasn't really been a tour in 10 years. The jumble of independent events you referred to is just that. Consolidating the competitions into fewer, higher paying, higher exposure, more dense competition not only makes business sense for the Golf Channel, but also makes more sense for hitters. Fewer travel expenses, less time away from day job. The loss of events was more than made up for by expanding the field, raising the total purse, AND paying out the top 16 hitters!

I think there should be a play-in event for sure, 16 for 2 or something like that, and i think that will come in the future.

Next point, in what other sport can you just buy into the highest level competition? Foosball for sure... I get that I "wouldn't be able to compete in anything". But maybe that's because i haven't produced the results needed to be there. I only have 1 year of points under my belt and im up at 73rd because of a top 20 finish at worlds last year. But i understand that that finish isnt good enough to exempt me from future tour event, so i gotta get back out there and qualify again and have another good showing at worlds. If that happens, im knocking on top 50. So it really takes 2 years of solid regionals and worlds finishes to be in the mix. if you havent done that, should you been in tour events? I say no. I dont want to see anyone on tour that hasnt been to worlds twice. Oh, and there were several hitters at Ak-Chin ranked lower than I.

Think of it this way: Worlds = US Open. The best will be there and anyone can qualify. Tour events = tour events. High stakes competition reserved for seasoned Longdrivers.

$40 is all it takes to get world ranking points. No other sport is as cheap and accessible as LD.

Everyone on this site seems so bitter that the old local and regional set up is no longer, amongst many other odd complaints, there was no way that was sustainable. The set up this year is a huge improvement from the last 5 years, the only people that seem upset are people who no longer compete.  Ill tell you that the 16 people who made money this week in longdrive arent complaining.

Less events are absolutely not a concern. Why would they be when the total purse for the events this year exceeds what the purses were last year for the combined events? And more people get paid per event.

People outside the top 50 should not benefit from this format. They should qualify for worlds, and do well. You cant have 10 worlds every summer. has to be exclusive.

Thanks for those answers, so at 76 your on outside looking in. A guy at 120, more on outside, guy at 175 no shot, and higher than 175 on couch with me watching. So a top 20 at Worlds gets u in top 50 or somewhere near
 The guy that's 125 might have to finish 2nd and the guy ranked 322 has to win Worlds twice possibly.

Now this is a question, not an argument/opinion. Because the sport has changed since I did it between 1986-2015......You would rather be sitting on the outside, hoping and begging for a good performance at Worlds that most likely may not come, or a 50/50 shot at top 20. And if not you go another year or 2 or 3 with no shot at getting in an event, than pay an entry and your in?

This could be your opinion and that's fine, but I bet everyone from 100-300 ranking points only a handful would like it.

What Worlds have you been to that costs $40? I have been to 24 and it's been 1800-3000
George "Animal" Slupski

Online Animal

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2019, 11:27:58 AM »
      On a side note, the originator of this post 10 yrs ago was Point 286. I was the only person present to witness him blowing .286 into the breathalyzer.  It was at a bar with 50 drag queens running around. Never drank a day in my life, no idea what I was doing there. The good old days of LD
George "Animal" Slupski

Offline toddo77

• phpBB Frequent Poster
  • LDA/REMAX Local, District & World's & ILDC's (4x)
    • http://www.heroldsupply.com
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2019, 11:56:20 AM »
.286     ahh the good old days goin out all night in midst of comps and events...

Toddo

Offline beasty

• phpBB Frequent Poster
    • BA BA BOOEY
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2019, 05:02:04 AM »
Did you go out proper drinking after that?

Offline Part Time

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2019, 07:43:32 AM »
There is no HOF anymore apparently. When the LDA was owned by Art the inductees were listed on the LDA website. Since it was bought by the golf channel I find no mention of it anywhere? The first few inductees werepicked by Art. This is the only sport that had no criteria that I know of to be expected? At least I was never able to find it. There was conversation with a few of us about reviving the Hof but we weren't able to. Some of the hall of famers want to leave it exclusive. Similar to the tour. To many deserving hitters need to be recognized now.  I don't believe there was ever any physical location for the Hall of Fame unless it was in Arts back yard. Until it's revived I personally don't recognize any type of long drive Hall of Fame.
Gary Ramirez

Offline snip

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2019, 08:44:56 PM »
In today's society Lana would be a shoe in as a front runner promoting LGBT community.  The new definition is LGBTQIAPK which is as I had no idea is
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual, Polygamous/polyamorous, Kink.  This represents 4.5% of the population with Washington, D.C., had the highest percentage of LGBT people at 9.8 percent and North Dakota had the lowest at 2.7 percent according to Reuters.  Amazing information on the Web that Al Gore developed! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lana_Lawless

Hope all is well with all.

Offline beasty

• phpBB Frequent Poster
    • BA BA BOOEY
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2019, 07:53:07 AM »

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual, Polygamous/polyamorous, martian, Teapot, Invisible Kink.

WTF! :o

I identify as an invisible Martian Tea Pot so add more to the Acronym

Offline cfoot03

• phpBB Frequent Poster
  • i had to get off the boat so i could walk on water
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2019, 04:51:56 AM »
Hall of game is coming back!
Also there will be a recognition of ALL past world champions (no matter what category) starting this year during worlds for all that choose to participate.

Offline SMT

• phpBB Frequent Poster
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2019, 05:22:20 PM »